- Government of Nunavut web sites do not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. The Government of Nunavut would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending an email or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information created, held or collected by this department is protected under the Nunavut Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act. This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for consent to collect your information, and you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- The Government of Nunavut uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our web site, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- Government of Nunavut employees who need to know the information in order to respond to your request or to ensure the security of this system may use information on individual visitors when provided. The information you give us is only shared with another government department if your inquiry relates to that department. The information is not used to create individual profiles, nor is this information disclosed to anyone outside the Government of Nunavut.
- Questions or comments regarding this policy notice, or the administration of the Nunavut Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act in the Government of Nunavut may be directed to the following by e-mail:
Manager, Access to Information and Protection of Privacy
Government of Nunavut
Executive and Intergovernmental Affairs
P.O. Box 1000, Station 200
Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0
Phone: (867) 975-6000
Fax: (867) 975-6091
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact:
Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Nunavut
PO BOX 382
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2N3
Toll Free: 1-888-521-7088
Phone: (867) 669-0976
Fax: (867) 920-2511